Monday, October 12, 2020

"What Is Man That YOU Are Mindful Of Him?"

Who am I that GOD should be so mindful of me?
(Frank Hall)
Play Audio
  Download Audio

"What is man that YOU are 

mindful of him?" Psalm 8:4

What is man that GOD should even 

look in his direction? Who am I that 

the infinite, glorious, triune GOD 

should glance my way--

much less be mindful of me?

Beloved in CHRIST, understand that your 

GOD is without a doubt ever-mindful of you. 


HE has . . .

  numbered every hair on your precious head,
  appointed the bounds of your habitation, and
  determined the very second of your death.

HE . . .
  bottles your every tear,
  knows your every sorrow,
  records your every work, and
  remembers every cup of cold water 

given in HIS name. 


HE is deeply concerned for your immortal 

soul, has purposed to do you good, and 

has staked HIS glory on your everlasting 

salvation. 


Your GOD is more mindful of you, 

your soul, your life, and your welfare 

than you will ever understand in this life.

In the light of such staggering knowledge--

who GOD is, and what you are--

do you not ask yourself in utter astonishment, 

"Who am I that GOD should be so 

mindful of me?"

As mere creatures such a thought 

is beyond profound, but as guilty 

sinners the thought surpasses t

he unthinkable!

"Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated!" 

Romans 9:13

GOD loved Jacob, and hated Esau. 

Who am I that I should be identified 

with the former, and not the latter? 

CHRIST died for HIS elect and put 

away their sins forever by 

the sacrifice of HIMSELF--

and the rest of humanity 

HE leaves to themselves.

Who am I that my name should be 

written in the LAMB'S Book of Life 

from the foundation of the world? 

The Sovereign dispenser of all grace 

and all blessedness has mercy on whom 

HE will have mercy, and whom HE will hardens. 


Who am I that I should be a vessel of honor 

prepared for glory, and not a vessel of wrath

fitted for destruction?

Who are we, brothers and sisters, 

that we should . . .
  partake of the boundless provision 

    of grace in CHRIST,
  be redeemed, justified, and forgiven,
  should live forever with HIM in glory?

Who are we that the incomprehensibly 

glorious GOD would be so mindful of us, 

that HE not only took on our nature, but . . .
 lived a perfect life for us, that we could never live,
 died a sin-atoning death for us, that we could never die, and
 satisfied a Law for us, that we could never satisfy?

"By the grace of GOD I am what I am!" 

1 Corinthians 15:10

The only difference between 

a saved sinner and a lost sinner--

is the difference that GOD makes by 

HIS distinguishing grace! 


It is not our decisions, lives, prayers, 

or works that make the difference, 

but GOD and GOD alone.


Though all who read these lines deserve 

to be in Hell for their sin--

GOD has been pleased to save some 

freely by HIS grace. Though all are 

equally sinful, equally guilty, and equally 

deserving of everlasting torment--

GOD has been pleased to save some 

for no other reason than HIS own glory.


   ~  ~  ~  ~


Gardiner Spring, "The Distinguishing Traits of Christian Character"

Chapter 12. SELF-DENIAL 

No comments: